Monday, October 19, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Mad Men Era Teen - Monday

Dear Diary, I'm really sleepy tonight. I rolled my hair again last night and didn't get a wink of sleep, cause these rollers kept pokin' me in the head. But my hair sure looked good this morning when met Bobby in the bus parking lot so he could walk me to my first class. I hope he noticed how shinny and curly it was. Mama had my dress made last week and Bobby said it brings out the blue in my eyes and I like the way it looks with my new black suede flats. If I could just wear it with socks and penny loafers instead, I'd be really happy. These garters and stockings are real hard to handle after PE. I never seem to get them back on just right. But Mama says, that's the price we girls pay for wanting to look pretty. But she doesn't have to climb 2 flights of stairs to get to class every hour. At least I've got Bobby to carry my books.


No comments: